visit my website

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Figure drawing of Deidre, Pregnant

Deidre, Pregnant, graphite and pastel on 9" x 12" toned paper
by Anna Wakitsch, 2013
I recently returned from an inspiring visit to The Ryder Studio, where I discovered, to my delight, that a model I have known and worked with since 2005 was now a beautiful 8 months pregnant and sitting for a figure pose!  It was a very special experience, and I am grateful that she was willing to share this amazing time in her life with us all.  The drawing is available for purchase in my online store: http://www.annawakitsch.com/store.htm
For this piece I used graphite and pastel pencils (white, pale yellow, pale peach, light coral) on blue toned paper.

detail from Deidre, Pregnant


detail from Deidre, Pregnant



No comments:

Post a Comment